Sunday, September 11, 2011

7 days...no mercy. One goal

Jaden wanted this a new airsoft gun, and since he doesn't get allowance yet...he has no money.

I came up with a goal...a strategy for him to earn the gun...the prize if you will.

Can I be real honest...It was one I thought he would never accomplish.

Here is the simple task he has to perform for 7 solid days. No mercy...no grace.

1. Turn off his light when he leaves his room.
2. Turn off the bathroom light.
3. Hang up his towel.
4. Turn off the TV when he walks out of the room.
5. Turn off his fan & radio in the morning.

I know...simple...but. not. for. Jaden.

I keep a chart & every day we would find his light on...he would have to start over on day ONE.

After 3 weeks of trying...he made it to the 6th day. I was astonished to say the least.
At this point I was praying he made it one more day. I didn't want to be a softy & let him slide.
I wanted him to truly earn the gun.

And he did...



Wonders never cease to amaze me.

I have tried for years for this boy to accomplish these task...all it took was the right
motivation. If we find his lights on, he loses the gun for a day. So there is still motivation
for him to complete these task.

Motivation...when you set your mind on the prize...you can accomplish anything.

Looks like he set an example for me to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!