Saturday, September 12, 2009

Football and your Best bud!

So it's football season at our house...along with most of you I'm sure! We went to the HS game last night. It is always fun for me to be at my hometown games and get to see a lot of faces I haven't gotten to see in a long time.

But this morning was a special morning for Jaden...he got to play against his best bud Baylor. These Little guys have been buddies since preschool. What is really cool is they were born on the same day in the same hospital..January 8, 2001!! But his mom and I didn't know each other then...but how cool would have that been? This is them in Ms. Pam's preschool class at 4 years old: So cute!


They are so much alike in a lot of ways...Kenna (his mom) and I call them a couple of old men. They like to play outside, build forts and just a bunch of old country boys. I like having Baylor over, he is one of those kids you barely know they are there because you don't see them unless they are hungry or need you for something. I like that!

We won the football game, but it didn't really matter to their friendship. Which I think is so cute! But the funny thing was...they were matched up with each other several times during the game...I got a great shot of Jaden and Baylor. Baylor is the one in white and red...#24 and Jaden is maroon and red #66. I don't know if you can see it, but check out Baylors grin as they are matched up. I would love to know what they were saying or what they were thinking...


I pray they stay friends forever. Kenna and I have become close over the years and I am so thankful for that, she is a straight up, no messing around girl who loves her family and God. We are in the same small group at church and that has blessed me beyond words. This is Kenna and I ...the "football moms"


This is after the game...a few cute shots of them...we played them @ The Collinsville High School field. Baylor already took his shoulder pads off...so don't think Jaden is that much bigger than him!! LOL!! They are some handsome little men!



So thankful for the friendships God has placed in my kids lives already!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!