Saturday, September 26, 2009

My BIg Sis Turns 40...

I've started something new on my blog...when someone close to me has a bday...I'm going to celebrate on my blog by dedicating it to them.

My sister is almost 3 years older than me. She was 2 grades ahead of me in school. As kids we played and had fun...but we did a great deal of arguing. We were a little jealous of each other in some ways. She always said I was mom's favorite and I said the same about her with my dad. :) Growing up I was scared to sleep by myself...still am really. But she would always let me sneak in bed with her. For some reason her bed was safer for me. I guess the boggy man wouldn't come in there for some reason. LOL!!

When my sister was a Senior in HS she found out she was pregnant. She didn't tell our family. She was too scared. My mom found out and confronted her...she was already 5 months at that point. This information changed our family in so many ways. I remember my mom coming into my room on a Sunday morning before church and telling me. I just couldn't believe it really. I was shocked. She had already broken up with the father of the baby. We didn't know why at the time, but later found out that he told her to get an abortion...she wouldn't...so he was gone.

In October, 1988...Danielle Marie was born. One of the biggest blessings in our lives. My sister was an amazing mom. She handled it so great. She lived with my parents until she married Greg. Danielle was almost 2 years old. Greg has always loved Danielle like his own and never made her feel like she was anyone elses. I think about my sister and how she faced finding out she was pregnant...as a senior in HS, the boyfriend telling her to abort the baby. She made a choice...the right choice. What courage she had to stand up and face the decision she had made...without him along to help.

She is the type of person that is loyal...always there for you when you need her. She will come at a moment's notice and help. She has taken care of me..my parents and my cousin several times. She never expects anything back. She is a giver. She is very generous with her things. My mom always said...if you ask Steph for a bite of her candy bar she will cut a piece off and give it to you...Christy will give you the whole candy bar and let you get what you want. And that about sums that up! She is a tell you how it is girl. No messing around. She is a lot of fun too. I know she always has my back when I need her.

We are very different in alot of ways and how we run our homes, lives and marriages, but we are a lot of like in many ways too. I have to say...I love spending time with her and her family. We always have a great time. I love my nieces and consider them my own. I am very protective of them. Danielle will soon be 21 and Kenzie will be 17. I love Greg...he is tons of fun and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. My kids love her. She is an amazing aunt and they adore her.

She is not only my sister...she is one of my best friends. Here is a picture of us in New Orleans. This is where she wanted to go for her 40th bday. She is beautiful! I love her...that's my big sis!



So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!
I LOVE YOU!
STEPH
e

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!