Thursday, July 8, 2010

Firecracker

I love this picture. We are on the boat in the middle of the lake watching the fireworks and that is Jaden's silhouette. 
I'm a lot like a firecracker...I'm ok until you light me up & then I might explode. 

I'm a sassy red head.
(no excuse)

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for a man's anger doesn't bring about a righteous life that God desires. 
James 1:19

What?
That verse was in my devo this morning. Sometimes I need someone to cover my mouth!! I am working on it...trying to stop it before I feel it coming on. 

I admire you soft spoken people out there. 
love...the firecracker. 

8 comments:

  1. I can be sassy and I'm not a red head!! LOL
    Love that verse! I just read in James yesterday about taming the tongue! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I am not even red headed and I am like that. My word for this year is Silence. I need to be more silent when I want to speak...hand over mouth instead of foot in mouth if you know what I mean. God is dealing.
    Great post and lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good devotional.

    I responded to your comment on Family Fountain. Don't know if you get the email updates. Hope to speak at YBC again in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Too many times just controlling our mouth it the hardest choice we have to make during our entire day. Praying that God continues to work on using it for building up and not tearing down.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be the topic of the week, I posted about this earlier!! I too am a work in progress on the whole keeping the mouth shut thing!!

    Love this post - firecracker!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pic, Steph! We watched fireworks on the 4th from our boat as well! And how odd that your post is about our tongue - I did a ladies' Bible study tonight about that very subject!! God is awesome!

    Thanks for the comment over @ Life Lessons. I appreciate the info about the button, I'll be checking it out tomorrow! Have a blessed weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. firecracker firecracker boom boom boom! If we could just remember to keep from the BOOM it would be soo much better huh!

    I work hard on listening and not responding but doens't always work that way! I admire those soft spoken people as well but I know I will NEVER be one LOL

    Love you girly

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!