Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm doing it again...Alone...

Many of you have been on this "running a 5k" journey with me. We started training back in January by completing the Couch Potato to 5k Program. 

It. about. killed. me.

In May Matt & I ran our first 5k...my time 33 min...Matt's 26:44...not bad. 

We are still running and I have to say...it's getting a little easier for me...and I want to tell all of you out there that think you can't do it...YOU CAN...I promise.

I was the epitome of someone who thought she couldn't run down the block much less a 5k. 

But I was bound & determined to do it....to over come my fears...my doubts. 

One of my friends from HS...Jenn... lost  her daughter Haley 2 years ago to CF and has continued to fight to raise money for a cure for CF. On Saturday I will run in a 5k she has started called 
"Run to Breathe" A great cause! 

Matt will be in Colorado and so I will be doing this alone...with out him. I am nervous & I can't believe I am doing this without my strong man with me. 

To me...it's more than a race...it's letting God use me and move in ways I didn't think I could. It's peeling away a layer of insecurity that I am no longer that fat little girl no one wanted on her team as a child and throwing it away.
I want to beat my time of 33 min...we will see. 
Do you have something you are letting go of so you can grow in Christ? 

Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses 
so that Christ's power may reside in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

6 comments:

  1. oh girl we are running it too! 33 min will be hard to beat for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right there with you!!! Lindsay Bippus and I are running together and 33 minutes is my goal so maybe I'll be looking at your behind in front of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you Steph!! I know you are scared to run without Matt but I think it will be good for you to do this yourself!! I am praying for you girly!! I'll have to check out that Couch Potato to 5k Program, never heard of it!!

    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running again too! Come on! Last time you ROcKED!!! You are worrying for nothing!!!!! Seriously, you'll do GREAT! And I'm sure there will be lots of friendly faces to make it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do awesome and I know God will be your Strength and your Breathe with each and every step!! So proud of you!! Can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Make sure to have your ipod with you! My first 5k I ran I forgot mine, made for a long race! Praying for you on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!