Saturday, July 3, 2010

Yummy Homemade Ice Cream... Made a few changes since I first posted this!!



5 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 pint whipping cream
Dump it all into your canister for your ice cream maker & it will take about 30-45 minutes! I'm assuming all of you know how to use an ice cream maker if you have one...ice...rock salt ya know the drill!
I always have strawberries...blueberries or toffee on hand for them to top their ice cream with. This makes about 15 or a little more cups.

This is super yummy and I like that there are no Raw eggs involved!!

Did you ever sit on the porch as a kid & crank the handle with your family...good times right there! Mine actually does the work for me though....:) 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm is right.... on our little road trip we've been indulging in ice cream everyday. I can bet it isn't as good as the real deal you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade ice cream!! I used to make it all the time with my Nanny!! We did sit on the porch and crank and crank and crank, but it was always worth it.

    Will have to try your recipe!!

    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so refreshing! Thanks for stopping by Life Lessons! Hope you had a blessed 4th, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried your recipe last night and it was so good!!! I have been looking for a recipe without eggs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!