Saturday, November 7, 2009

Are you a Trader?

This was the theme @ the conference...let me explain. Someone who is willing to TRADE in the pursuit of the American Dream for a world that desperately needs Christ. Being a Trader means being intentional with your time, your money and your passions. A Trader is a new kind of missionary-not defined by geography- but marked by a willingness to apply the Parable of the Good Samaritan and "go and do likewise".
For me, that is a challenge that has been laid upon me. They had testimony after testimony of how people gave up something and gave it to God. Example...one lady left her teaching job here to go to Africa to teach, another man gave up his time to coach a Special Olympics team, one man started a church in a park for homeless people. It goes on and on. These people amaze me. I admire them. I am praying to be "A Trader". You know what's sad...I just need to walk across the street...that is so simple.

I have so much to share about the conference. It was so good for us...our walk with Christ, our ministry for Him, our marriage, our faith and our future in Him. Thank you Lord for your Love for me...I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what neat concept, and terminology of the word trader! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!