Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Make a Wish...

Can you imagine being a parent who has a child that has been diagnosed with a terminal illness that is going to make them fight for their lives? Cancer...Leukemia...Ewings Sarcoma...what's Ewings you ask? Well, I had never heard of it until Sunday when I was at the Make a Wish Foundation luncheon for the kids. It was one simple little conversation that impacted me greatly. We were in charge of the candy table... and I will tell you more about that later...and here she came...Morgan. It was obvious Morgan was taking chemo from the lack of hair on her head. Though, she was still beautiful. Jodi Hamar who was with me...asked her what her make a wish was and she got to go to all the Disney parks. How fun! Morgan is a Freshman in HS here in our hometown. She has Ewings Sarcoma...it is a form of cancer and if I understand it right it starts in your bones. She thought she had pulled a muscle or something at first...went to the dr. and found out it was cancer. She had went into remission after treatment, but it is now back and in her kidney I believe is what she said. Which is rare I guess for it to be there. She was telling us all this as if it wasn't a big deal...I told her I knew she would be alright...and here is where my heart just overflowed with joy...and my eyes filled with tears...Morgan turned and looked at me and said..."Oh I know I will be ok...I know my healer and He is going to heal me"...I said..."I know the Healer too". I told her I would pray for her and she told me about her Caring Bridge site so I could keep up with her. I was so blessed to be there that day...to meet Morgan. The faith of child...and the courage she has...
I asked if I could take her pic...of course!
I worked with Kevin's mom one day. She told me all about him. She is so proud of him. What a cutie!
As I came home that night...I watched my kids...praised God for their health and prayed for these families. The courage...determination...sacrifice...love...tears...joys...trials...smiles...I applaud you. A parents love...we would move heaven and earth for our child. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how AMAZING these kids are?? I know too many kiddos who suffer from physical ailments, yet they have a heart of gold. They definately remind me to never take things for granted and to count my blessings every day. We will pray for Morgan :) Thanks for sharing her story and for sharing your Extreme Makeover pics. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great thing you have been able to be a part of!!

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!