Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympics!

Are you ready for the Olympics? Our family always enjoys watching the opening ceremony together. There are a few events that we will watch...like the skiing and snowboarding. These absolutely amaze me! Why? You should know...I hate skiing...really. As a youth minister's wife I tried and tried to enjoy it. I would drag myself and my kids on those trips and really...all I wanted to do was sit @ the bottom of the mountain and sip on some Hot chocolate and read a book. But I did it...I wanted to be a part of the fun. My first year I had to be hauled off the mountain on a toboggan because the slops closed @ 9:00 pm and it was 8:30 and I was no where near the bottom...yeah um...Matt and I about lost our witness on that one...LOL!! Then another time...my coat caught on the ski lift as I was getting off and dropped me from the lift as it went around...totally embarrassed...I hate ski lifts now...and finally it happened...we were going down a double black....ok that's a lie...it was a green..yes...a stupid green...and I feel and tore my ACL and there you have it. NO MORE SKIING FOR ME! At least I have a good story as to why I can't now and I don't sound like a sissy. But you know...my family loves to ski...so I am sure someday I will drag myself back and do it again. Anyway...watching those Olympians ski just amazed me...how fast they go and the turns they make...WOW! But I know, there is a lot of training that goes into that...lots of falls...lots of tears...lots of sacrifice. It makes me think of my walk with Christ and how hard am I training to represent him? Do I wear Christ as proud as those Olympians wear their USA attire? Do I take my witness to the next level and sacrifice all for his Kingdom work? Would I win a Gold Medal for my performance? For the Olympians all their training comes down to this week...they don't know if they will be good enough..trained enough or will win.  But as believers...we know...we win...He died for us and saved us on the cross from our sins. We just have to accept it and live it. 
2 Tim. 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day and not only to me but also all who have longed for his appearing. 
Phil 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Olympians also have supporters...cheerleaders...coaches...and a team...who is cheering you...coaching you...and supporting you in your walk? 
I look forward to Heaven...finishing the race. Do you long for seeing Jesus? 

Will you and your family watch the Olympics and if so...what's your favorite sport to watch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!