Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Caterpillar

On Monday Jaden found a caterpillar in the backyard. He found a 5 gallon bucket and made a nice little home for it. When I say nice little home...I mean...a plush home really. Jaden dug up a patch of grass...put a stick in there so when the caterpillar decided to make a cocoon it would have a place to hang from.
Home sweet home for the Caterpillar: 
He even drilled holes in the lid...
But if you look closely at the top  you will see this on the side of the bucket...
Yep...that caterpillar has already made cocoon..Jaden was utterly beside himself this morning when he found it. We will be watching for it to turn into a butterfly soon. 

 God takes a caterpillar and completely transforms it into a butterfly and he can do the same in your life. 
He took my past...my sins..my old way of thinking...former wrong emotions...attitudes toward God...toward others and toward myself and puts it away once & for all so the I can be utterly set free from the past to live a new resurrected life. 
Soon this Caterpillar will be a beautiful butterfly and we will set it free to live the life God intended for it. 
Have you been transformed & set free in Christ?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; 
the old has gone, the new has come. 
2 Corinthians 5:17 

5 comments:

  1. I especially love watching nature through my kids' eyes! It's like getting to experience everything all over again. Love the new picture! I want to go there and just sit and watch the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Love the new banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have done the cocoon things a time or two and it is a wonderful teaching tool for our kids. I have definitely been transformed and set free in Christ. Hallelujah!! Loved this post and your heart. Love and Blessings, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a good animal care taker that Jaden!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reminder of what Christ does for us and in us. I love this - so grateful that I have been transformed by HIS grace and can spread my wings in the freedom of HIM.

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!