Friday, April 30, 2010

Who's counting...me!

As you can see I've changed my banner at the top. I took that picture from our balcony the last time we were in Florida. That picture just relaxes me simply by looking at it. I love the beach. It's like we are sent to another world for a week...a life that is relaxed...no time schedules...no phone...no worries...just simply having fun together on the beach. I must admit, I don't enjoy swimming in the ocean..the salt water gags me...the thought of a jellyfish or such sneaking up on me is always in the back of my mind. I am not a good swimmer to put it simple. But to complain about it...while you are basking in God's beautiful scenery...that's sinful! So I occupy my lawn chair...build sand castles with the kids & listen to the waves crash on the shore.

We are incredibly blessed with some friends who let us stay in their condos while we are there. Really...we couldn't afford to go if it wasn't for their generosity. They are a true blessing to our family. Even if it's a trip to Branson or the lake, we have always made vacation with our family a priority. In ministry...it's needed...time away to just be a family...some of our best memories.

Another aspect is...God's beauty...there is nothing like the beach....and the mountains...to me atleast...that screams God's creation. I rejoice in the fact that when non-believers are admiring creation...they don't know it or won't admit it atleast...that they are praising our Lord. It's His...he made it all!

Who's counting...me! We have so much on our calendar from today until we leave. With the end of another school year it brings all kinds of activities with the kids...graduations...weddings...Matt & I will also be in Tennessee for a week in May also. Needless to say...it shifts into high gear now! But No complaining people...I know at the end of it all I will be relaxing with my marvelous family!!!

Hope each of you get away and enjoy your family together this summer! Even if it's a small trip...I encourage you to save & budget for it!! You will not regret it! Those kids will be grown & gone before we know it!!

10 comments:

  1. Love your new banner! Going to the beach ranks up there at number one for us too! Enjoy your trip and every day until then!! You're absolutely right, time has a way of slipping by...God bless & have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post!! So true, everyone needs some time away. Being away with my hubby and kids is the best!! We are going to the beach this summer, can't wait. So glad you are getting away. Love and Blessings, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Steph I love your new header!!! It is sooo peaceful :) I am with you .....NOTHING is better than being at the beach!!! I always say God was in the best mood on the days HE was creating them :)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new header. All those beautiful colors just in the sky. Who can't argue that God loves to work in the details of things! It didn't just happen!

    Sounds like summer is just on the horizon for you and hope you are planning lots of fun times together for all of you.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the banner!! I just love the beach too my friend. We go to Gulf Shores and it is just the most relaxing place to be.

    My post tonight was on the Awesome Creator and His Creation - fit right in with your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we used to live by the beach and we do miss it. We visit there every two years. This is our off year. Love it. Your header picture is beautiful. Nice shot. I can see why you are counting down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the picture!! When hubby and I escape to the beach on occasion for vacation, the first day is used up by just sitting there watching and listening to the waves as the stress ROLLS off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know Florida is amazing when you leave here and you hardly leave FL - even when it's for vacation! We're going to Orlando this week to take the kids to Disney. If only we had some glorious mountains to go along with our amazing beaches, we'd have it all!
    The weather has been amazing here in PC, I'm praying it's a beautiful week for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beach, so peaceful!! Can't wait for you all to enjoy some family time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love the beach! :) SO happy for yall, its always so relaxing and such great memories.
    Put your toe in the "white" sands for me...we will only be going to Galveston this year. :( Just so not the same as Florida.
    Have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!