Friday, October 16, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are...review

Of course this is my opinion so take it or leave it...



Doesn't that picture make you think...what a sweet movie that is...umm....not!!

We just took the kids to watch the new movie "Where the Wild Things Are" and it was awful!! Most of the time I look up the movie and see what people are saying about it and make sure there are no cuss words in it, but this is one of those times I assumed since it was a children's book I didn't check into it. My kids loved this book and we read it all the time when Jaden was little so he was so excited to see this movie.

Well...it was very hard to follow. It started off ok and just went down hill. The kids had a hard time following it. If you have a little one...I wouldn't take them...there are scary parts that will probably give them nightmares about monsters!! I was sooo mad when they cussed in the movie...I mean seriously...WHY do you need to put that in there? It's a kids movie! PEOPLE!!! I actually saw people with little ones leaving the theater!!

My kids came out of there going...What? That wasn't what we thought it would be! Anyway...you do what you want...but if someone would have told me before I spent a fortune to go see it...I wouldn't have went!! So if I save you a buck or two...this was worth it!!

Anyway...:)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your review. We really like the children's book so we assumed it would be an awesome movie to see too. In fact, Ryan and I keep saying we should take the girls to see that. (movies are very special occassions since there is 5 of us) Not now, I trust your opinion.
    So thanks! I appreciate your honesty and mom advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much! I was thinking of taking the kids tomorrow, and had just asked another friend for her opinion, but she's going tomorrow too. I'm SOOO glad you posted this! I'll let her know too. Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs it is then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cari...Kim Dykes said Cloudy was good!! Wish we would have went to see it instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I wanted to see it, but probably not now. I will just keep reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's interesting how polarizing this movie is, some people say WTWTA is the best movie of the year while others say it's the worst; i tend to lean toward the latter opinion just because it didn't really have a plot

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!