Friday, September 24, 2010

No...I'm not at Starbucks but..







I'm at home.

Drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte...that I made.

I know you are probably getting tired of my obsession 
with Pumpkin Spice Latte's & creamers.

But I feel like I have found Gold at the
End of a Rainbow & I must share.

My friend Amanda gave me this link for
Homemade Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes
I wasted no time preparing one for you.
Because we all know we can't go to Starbucks 
On a regular basis for $4 each & that's for a Tall!

  Prairie Cottage Rose is the blog that discovered this yumminess! 
I will probably add more pumpkin to mine next time. 
And I added 3 packages of Truvia to mine instead of sugar.






Just Like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes 1-2 servings
Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute – adjust to taste
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (or 1/4 cup of espresso if you have an espresso machine)
Directions:
In a saucepan stir together milk, pumpkin and sugar. 
Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. 
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice,
 transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds or until foamy.
 I don’t usually bother with the blender and 
just whip the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
Pour into a large mug or two mugs if you decide to share.
 Add the coffee or espresso on top.

And my Good friend Loren Just sent me this..
I love Charles...I think I'm pretty much his BFF.
Pause my playlist at the bottom...

Notice the Starbucks napkin pasted to his apron...I think I'll make myself one.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I heart pumpkin anything. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok!! Have you seen this????????


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbYiHm8A3Y

    I can sooo see Matt doing this skit! lolololoolololol

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think it needs a little more pumpkin next time I make mine too. I also added a bit more sugar cause I like my drinks to taste like candy :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok!! I looked specifically for pumpkin creamer today & they didn't have any!! =( Guess I'll have to try this recipe!! Sounds so yummy!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its my favorite too... :o) I just like hanging out on your blog and listening to your music :o) does my heart good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That guy is hilarious!!

    I was so excited when Loren told me you had asked us to coffee on Monday!! Can't wait!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the video and this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE DRINK!! Your recipe sounds healthier?? :) I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!