Monday, September 27, 2010

This or That?

Our past often tell us we are "that" and we believe it. But God tells us we are "this" now in Him who created us. But I like to argue with Him & tell him...No, Lord, I am still "that"...maybe something hurtful I believe about myself or maybe something others make me feel about myself.

God wants me to believe I'm always..."this" even on the days I still feel like "that".  How do I keep from feeling like "that"? Constantly being in His word & growing in my relationship with Him keeps me from feeling like "that". When I believe I'm "this" I make good decisions & walk in Him daily.

When I come to a crossroad of decision I think "I still feel like "that", but God says I'm "this". How would "this" behave in this situation? Over time my habits & actions began to change & I started behaving more like "this". After all..."this" is who I am.

"This" is who you are also my friend. You belong to Him...tell "that" you are "this" now.

I have this little Devo Book by Beth Moore that takes about 2 minutes to read each morning & it feeds my heart like you wouldn't believe. Today she talked about "this & that" & it made me really think about how I let "that" former life affect me still, I pray that I begin to live daily "this" life God has called me to live & let go of "that" for good.

Now He has reconciled you by His physical body through His death
 to present you holy, faultless, and blameless before Him. 
Colossians 1:22. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, great thoughts! Needed that with some church stuff, especially the part about acting like "this"-including words and actions!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, THIS is good!! What book is it ?? I need to get me one! :)

    Love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like THIS a lot... now can I say "Believe THAT"? (just kidding)... this is truly a great reminder for us who tend to see ourselves as "THAT woman".
    Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't help but think that your post sounded like the lesson by Beth Moore (Believing God). She's one of my favorite Bible teachers! Thanks for this great reminder! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great word, sister! I just sent you an email response to one you sent me long ago. Web troubles, ugh!

    Much love,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!! If you have something to say...Say it...but have the guts to say who you are at least! Anonymous comments get trashed!